It’s important that businesses are not complacent in their approach to cyber security, even though, without the right support, it can often be viewed as complicated, time-consuming, and expensive. However, Cyber Essentials provides a simplified approach to cyber security, is cost effective and certification can be achieved quickly. It enables organisations of all sizes and in any industry to protect themselves against 80% of the most common types of cyber-attacks by adopting best practice in relation to 5 key technical controls:
- Firewalls and internet gateways – securing networks and protecting all internet connected devices
- Secure configuration – preventing unauthorised access to systems and data
- User access control – setting permissions and access rights to control access to systems and data
- Malware protection – safeguarding the organisation from the threat of viruses and ransomware
- Patch management – ensuring devices and software are regularly updated to help identify and remediate vulnerabilities
What are the benefits of CE certification for your clients?
- Minimises the risk of financial loss and business disruption caused by an attack
- Indicates a high level of data integrity, gives the organisation credibility, and demonstrates the company is adopting industry best practice
- Reassures both existing and potential customers that the organisation is committed to cyber security, and proactive in securing systems and protecting confidential data
- Helps to mitigate the risks associated with the most common types of cyber attacks
- Gives the company a competitive advantage over non-certified businesses
- Government and public sector contracts require Cyber Essentials certification
- Reduces insurance premiums (free cyber liability insurance for UK domiciled companies with a
- turnover of less than £20M and certified with an IASME certification body)
- Auditing internal cyber security systems and controls helps to uncover inefficiencies and vulnerabilities and improve productivity
How does CBG help deliver CE services and what are the benefits for our partners?
Delivering a widely recognised industry certification can often be the starting point for partners to develop an ongoing trusted relationship with their clients. The process of certification frequently uncovers areas where clients need additional expert guidance and
presents opportunities for partners to map out and agree a strategic programme of long-term support to help configure robust systems and continuously improve
overall cyber security.
Cyber Business Growth can assist our partners in delivering CE consultancy services to clients with a simple,
packaged, and cost-effective monthly subscription service that provides a seamless and continuous programme of support for ongoing CE certification without the financial burden of an annual fee.
In addition, we deliver Channel only services supporting partners to grow and evolve their service capabilities through strategic relationships.
CBG has developed a wide portfolio of bespoke cyber services
which enables partners, that either don’t have the internal capability or have a resource shortage, to deliver independent services on a flexible basis.
For more information on our cyber service portfolio and to find out how we can help your organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about our services: